BBYRA Championship Series Race Scores
2017 Championship Series
Sept 2 - Daily Race Scores SPYC
Aug. 26 - Daily Race Scores LYC
Race 09-1 Protest by Ensign #1247 Leading Edge Against Ensign #176 Chowder Status scheduled
- This protest is tentatively scheduled immediately following the afternoon race at SPYC.
- Hearing (date/time):
- 2017-09-02 15:00:00
Aug. 19- Daily Race Scores BYC / OCC
AM E Sloop - Abandoned No Wind
Laser - Abandoned No Wind
Laser Radial - Abandoned No Entries
Sneakbox - Abandoned No Wind
Sunfish - Abandoned No Wind
Aug. 12- Daily Race Scores NBYC
Flying Scot - Abandoned No Wind
Sanderling - Abandoned No Wind
Aug. 05- Daily Race Scores OGYC / PBYC
July 22- Daily Race Scores SAYC
July 15 - Daily Race Scores TRYC
Race 04-1 Protest by A Cat #O67 Wasp Against A Cat #SPY Gary Stewaert Status Withdrawn
- Committee annougnce the the fleet that Long point needed to be honored, the only
- Protest withdrawn by competitor. No special instructions were posted concerning the honoring of a mark at Long Point.
Race 04-1 Protest by A Cat #w Bill OBrien Against A Cat #O67 Michael Frankovich Status Withdrawn
- Witch was on starboard and wasp was on port and wasp tried to cross on port and
- Witch requested withdrawal of protest. Withdrawal accepted by PC 7/18/2017.
Race 04-T Request for Redress by Ensign #1669 Wayne Bush For Race Committee # Status Disallowed
- This redress will be held on Tuesday 7/25/2017 at Metedeconk River Yacht Club at approximately 1930.
- Facts Found:
1. The NOR states that the SI's will be available no later than May 17th on the official BBYRA website and each race day at the Regatta Headquarters and on the water at a "Late Entry" boat on the "Green" and "Rose" courses
2. The SI's contain course descriptions, including course maps, and Class Schedule and Starting Times which specifies what classes race on a given day, how many races they sail, and when races are to be finished in front of the host club.
3. The SI's were posted by May 17th in the BBYRA web site.
4. The Class Schedule and Starting Times is part of the SI's that were posted to the BBYRA website, and made available along with the course sheet and course maps.
5. The SI's were available at the host yacht club (Toms River) in written form.
6. The SI's were available on the Late Finish boat (as specified on the NOR), however, when 1669 approached to receive a copy, they were informed that there were no more SI copies available.
7. 1669 has obtained a copy of the SI's each previous week from the Late Entry boat.
9. 1669 proceeded to sail the first race without issue.
9. In the second race, a course indicated as W5G, 1669 sailed to the vicinity of the windward finish boat before they realized that the finish was in front of the club.
10. W5G, with a finish in front of the host club, indicated a W, L, W, L, finish at TRYC.
11. 1669 was in second at the time she rounded the leeward mark in the second race, and ended up finishing 5th.
1. The OA and RC complied with the NOR by posting the SI's on the official BBYRA website by May 15th.
2. The OA and RC complied with the NOR by having printed SI's available at the host club on the day of the race.
3. The RC erred by not having sufficient paper copies of the SI's on the Late Entry boat as per the NOR.
4. 1669's position was made significantly worse.
5. Because 1669 is a season long entrant, the SI's, including the Class Schedule and Starting times have been available to her both on the website, and in the previous weeks both at the host club and the Late Entry boat.
6. Therefore, 1669 does not meet the criteria of "through no fault of her own", since she has had ample time to obtain a copy of the Class Schedule and Starting Times.
7. Redress is therefore denied.
Tom Sollas (chair), Ned Thomson, Bill Bogardus
July 08 - Daily Race Scores MYC / MRYC
July 01 - Daily Race Scores IHYC
Race 02-2 Protest by Flying Scot #6107 Stay Thirsty Against Flying Scot #6074 Status Allowed
- This protest will be heard at Shore Acres Yacht Club on 7/22/2017 at the conclusion of racing, approximately 4pm.
- Facts found:
1. Wind was 15-20kts with heavy chop.
2. Approaching the line to start, 6107, on starboard, acquired an overlap from clear astern one boat width to leeward of 6074, who was reaching on starboard.
3. 6107 headed up, and within 2 seconds, the forestay of 6107 made contact with the end of 6074's boom. There was no damage or injury.
4. 6107 continued to head up, passing clear astern of 6074.
5. Both boats started, 6074 clear ahead by half a boat length and a boat width to leeward.
1. 6107 was subject to RRS 12 when approaching 6074 from astern, she kept clear.
2. Upon establishing the overlap, as a right of way boat (RRS 11), 6107 was subject to RRS 15. She did not break RRS 15 as there was room for 6074 to keep clear.
3. When 6107 altered course to head up, she is subject to RRS 16, and by almost immediately making contact with 6074, she breaks RRS 16.
4. 6107 also breaks RRS 14, but is exhonersted as there was no damage or injury.
6107 to be scored DSQ for breaking RRS 16.
Tom Sollas (chair), Ned Thomson, June Kingman
Race 02-2 Request for Redress by Marshal Sandpiper #mc 2 paul gelenitis For Race Committee # Status Withdrawn
- MC 2 won the second race of IH race day and was given the appropriate finishing
- Request for redress withdrawn as the scores were corrected by the scorer.
June 24 - Daily Race Scores BHYC & MCYC
AfternoonPM E Sloop
A Cat - Race Abandoned
Flying Scot - Race Abandoned
Sanderling - Race Abandoned